We woke up this morning to about a half inch of snow on the ground, which was very pretty. And since it was lovely and sunny out, we knew the snow was not going to last long, so we decided to go out the lake as planned.
There were very few runners out today! Of course we did get out there pretty early, by 9 am...most runners here don't start showing up til about 10 am on Sundays and holidays (today is Easter Monday, a holiday and a day off for most people in Belgium). I know that sounds terribly late to you early morning runners!
So we started doing our loops. The plan said 5, so that's what we did. It took us 50 minutes, but we stopped for a bathroom break after the first loop (must have been the cold!) and by my watch that cost us 5 minutes. So we did the total 7 km in 45 minutes. Which is quite okay, even though it mostly did not feel easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Global warming?! How's that possible when this last week of March has been so cold for everyone? :) I can't believe you had snow for EASTER - that seems exceedingly cruel. Hiding eggs in the snow sounds like a memory-maker, though!
The run around the lake sounds beautiful, though ... I hope Spring reaches you soon!!
Hooray! Back to your lake running! I hope Stefaan's knee is finally feeling better?
The knee was fine, thankfully!
Post a Comment