Monday, February 23, 2009

13 days and counting

Less than two weeks now til the half marathon. Yesterday we had 11 (15.4 km) loops around the lake on the schedule but I was actually hoping to do 12 or 13, seeing as things went so well last week and that I had a really good run on Thursday. The forecast was rain but when got out there at 9 am it was dry. We did four loops, changed direction, did four more. Got our Ipods and changed direction again for what we were hoping was going to be another four...and then it started to rain. Misty at first for the first two loops, no problem, I had my cap with a brim, I was prepared. But then as we finished the second loop it just started pouring. As we took our little walk break, Stefaan asked me what I wanted to do. I said, let's do the eleventh loop, and see. Then at least we will have done what was on the schedule. So that's what we did, and then made the decision to head back and get cleaned up to go to my father-in-law's 71st birthday lunch.

I suppose at this stage one loop more or less isn't going to make a huge difference, but I was a bit disappointed. Also felt a bit flu-ey yesterday and this morning, sore throat, sinus congestion and achy back, so I need to take care that I am feeling well by the time I leave next week.

1 comment:

J said...

Hope you are feeling better...take care of yourself!

Good job on the run!