The first of three last long runs at the lake today...when we woke up it looked very cold, but clear and even a bit sunny, so we headed out to the lake. My other option would have been the treadmill, where it was nice and warm inside, but I don't think I could have made myself do 14 km on one so it was a good thing that we could run outside!
We got started, did four loops and I was feeling really good, a lot better than last week. But then we wanted to use the bathrooms and everything was locked up so - good thing we always have a cell phone! - we called the park guard and she came to open them up! Then we had six more loops to go, so we did three one direction, then did three the other direction and added Ipods to give us that little extra boost for the last half hour. We ended up running about 100 minutes total. By the end it had warmed up a little - the frost had melted in most places - but the lake is still mostly frozen. I must admit, I am really looking forward to some warm Florida weather.
The nice thing was, I had made lunch reservations for our family at one of our current favorite restaurants (Turquoise in Leuven) and so we had the treat of a yummy meal out to look forward to! So we headed home and got cleaned up and went and had a lovely lunch. It is such a treat when someone else does all the cooking (and washing up). Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice job getting the run done!! I am glad your weather at least was clear for you. I hope it's nice and warm (although not too warm) for you here in March!
Oh the date is quickly coming up! It seems like you just mentioned you were doing the Princess Half!
Glad you were able to get your 14km done outside. I think I would get dizzy doing that distance on the treadmill!
Amy, sounds like you are running some substantial miles/kilometers! By the way I made the bulghur pilaf with vermicelli and sweet potato burritos the other day (not sure if I had previously mentioned this?) and they both turned out great!
Great job Amy! Just two more long runs before the Princess half, sounds like you will be ready for it.
Post a Comment