Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Day Out, A Day In

Today is an "in" day...rain, rain, rain! At least it's not so cold anymore, about 6°C. I am starting to get really sick of my winter clothes!

I headed to the gym to get my treadmill run in before Bodyvive class - did 4 km in 29 minutes. The room where the Bodyvive class is held is always cold and I girl I met there was practically shivering when I came in - I felt a bit silly because I was all sweaty and the cool room felt good! But she said she was going to try warming up on the treadmill next week before class, too.

Yesterday, Linda and I treated ourselves to a day out in Brussels. We wanted to try La Tsampa, a vegetarian restaurant and health food store, located near Avenue Louise and about a 20 minute walk from the South Station. We had a delicious lunch of oven braised seitan, basmati rice, steamed daikon radish and snow peas with a coconut sauce...mmmm! There were lots of other yummy things on the menu, too. The service was friendly and the dining room was cozy, with a view into the garden. I would definitely go back here.

After lunch we poked around in the health food store and then headed for another fun shop, Dille & Kamille, a kitchen-garden-home-cooking store with lots of cute things. The Brussels shop is very spacious and inviting...I wish they would open one in Leuven!

2 comments:

C said...

What's a Bodyvive class and does the room have to be cold for it?

Amy said...

Hi Xenia! No, the room doesn't have to be cold, my gym just happens to have a really poorly insulated or heated big room for classes. The class is a mix of cardio and strength using a ball and tubes - it's fun and there isn't too much complicated choreography, which is perfect for me.