
So after I got myself all signed up, I decided to have a look at some of the pictures from last year's race...and as I was scrolling through, I noticed, to my great surprise, that Princess Astrid of Belgium (daughter of our King Albert - see pic), also ran this race last year!!! They had several pictures of her crossing the finish line and her results were listed right there with the rest of us (she did the 5K in 35 min, not bad!) How cool is that? I'll have to keep my eye open for her this year - it would help, of course, if she wore her tiara like we did at Disney!
7 comments:
Noah liked the picture of Princess Astrid!!
Hi Amy,
Just catching up on on of your wonderful activities! Holy doodle, I can't believe I've missed so much of what you've been up to! sorry!
A hearty congratulations to your mom Cindy! Wow, I was all teary reading your race report! How wonderful and empowering for your mom to complete the Half...Good JOB! Sounds as though you had a fabulous visit with family & friends and running with princesses!
Wow, running with royalty! That's awesome.
A belated congrats on your race too!
You and Princess Astrid could be running twins with those tiaras... Have fun training!
Hello again,
When in London, I suggest running in Hyde Park. As long as the weather isn't too crappy, it'll be a great run.
Have fun on your holiday!
I don't know if it would ever work, but that would be pretty cool if Disney could get an actual princess to run the half marathon, that would be huge!
I disagree, I think that Xenia is wrong: the Royalty ran with you and not the contrary!
Post a Comment