Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fast Loops

Was it the spring weather and the fact that we didn't have to wear ten layers to run? Was it the sunshine, the daffodils, and the fluffly little ducklings we passed? Was it the tempo runs I added back into my training schedule the past few weeks?

Whatever it was, we have not had such a fast run at the lake in a long time. We did 6 loops (8.4 km) in 51 minutes today. I was huffing and puffing, but made it around in about 8 minutes every time. The fifth loop was tough, and just before the sixth one I lost my rhythm a bit (had to stop and reply to a text from my middle son who just got a cell phone yesterday!) but I finished strong. What a great feeling!

Must be a good weekend for running - Jenny got another PR yesterday in her 10K - a 50:15 - congratulations!

1 comment:

Lily on the Road said...

You are getting stronger and so your running is easier, but nice weather certainly helps! It snowed here yesterday, bleck!

Jenny is one speedy speedster!!