Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ups and downs

Lily just left a comment that she wished she could tap into my energy - she was feeling the winter doldrums. Honestly, today, I wish I could too! My energy really flows with ups and downs, I have always wished I could have a more consistent pattern of energy. But it is not to be, and I have to learn to accept it and go with my own personal energy flow, and not feel too bummed on those inevitable days when I just don't have it.

Yesterday was our last workshop, in the morning, and by the time it was done, I was wiped. We ended up doing 5 workshops for a total of about 50 participants, and they all went really well. But it is amazingly draining. So I didn't do very much the rest of the day, except for the usual running of the house and taking care of the kids. This morning I had to go do an errand at the telephone office, which means waiting in line for a long time, getting a long explanantion about how to get wireless internet installed in our home, biking home with a big heavy box full of modems and cables (you should have seen me balancing it!), and then opening the box to find the lady never mentioned that if you have an alarm (we do) that the technicians have to come and do the installation for you. So then I had to phone and was told they will call me to make an appointment, next week sometime.

And honestly, every last drop of energy I still had is now gone!

But tomorrow is another day, and I plan to go to Zumba class (and hopefully NOT fall on my butt) and be a bit perkier than today.

PS: Kilax is giving away a signed copy of Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer at her blog - this is a book I really want to read, and hopefully go to see the author speak at a MO lecture in Gent in January. Check it out!

2 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

True words Amy, everday is different! Hopefully we motivate each other of the up coming winter months...

Kim said...

Thanks for the link!

What a draining day! I hope today was better! I've only heard a little bit about Zumba but it sounds so fun :)