"The best day of running is not the day you start yourself,
but the day you get someone else to join you."
- Marc Parent, The Newbie Chronicles, in Runner's World (June 2011)
So true! I am so excited because not one, but two women I recently met will be joining me at the Ladies Run in Kortrijk this year, and for both of them, it will be their first race. This course was my very first race, it is a nice all downhill race, all women, some local celebrities participate every year (one year I did it, Princess Astrid of Belgium ran it, too!) And it will be so cool to be there for someone else's first time. Yay!
Today I had a lot to do and one of my errands was going to the bank. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and run to the bank. I took a longer loop out - nearly 5 km to get there - and then took a more direct way back home. It went really well (except for being really sweaty while waiting at the bank) and I ended up clocking in at 51 minutes for 7.7 km total. Sweet! The funnest part was weaving past the pedestrians on our busiest shopping street and feeling like I was just flying. What a joy!
6 comments:
That's so cool and going to be so much fun Amy to do that together.
And another smart decision to combine errands with a run! Great job.
What a great quote! Sounds like a good run too. You must have felt very fit and fast as you sped past pedestrians!
That will be so fun!
That's great!!
That'll be so much fun to be involved with some new runners' first race.
Are you organizing the Lady Amy's Army?
I like the quote.
Post a Comment