Monday, November 14, 2011

BRRRRR!

It was 4 C when I biked to the gym this morning! Very chilly - but it was bright and sunny so I didn't mind too much. I was glad I took my fleece hat and gloves, though.
I was still sore so I debated about doing my strength workout as usual on Mondays. But I am having one of those busy weeks with a lot to do, and I knew if I didn't get it in this morning, it would be hard to fit it in later in the week. So I went and did it, and even though some of it was rather painful, I was glad I got it done.
On Mondays I do a weight circuit, abs and the elliptical. I start off with 10 minutes on the elliptical to warm up. Then my weights. Today's circuit was:
  • dumbbell chest press
  • alternating lunges
  • one armed row
  • sumo squats
  • lateral raises
  • French press

I do 15 reps of each exercise and don't rest between exercises, then I rest for a minute at the end of the circuit. I do three rounds. Then I do abs:

  • crunch 30x
  • oblique crunch 30x
  • plank 45 sec
  • oblique plank 30 sec

Then finish off with 20 minutes on the elliptical. Then bike home - uphill :-(

Boy am I glad when I am done!

My goal is to do my Monday workout 8x before Christmas. So far I have done two!

Have a great week!

9 comments:

Marcelle said...

I honestly admire u for going out in these temps and on a bike, I struggle to go from my front door to the car in these temps...roll on CT and summer is all I can think right now.

Mark said...

Great start to the week. I hope you can make your goal. It definitely helps to write it down especially when there are lots of people reading it!!

Char said...

Four degrees is so cold and it's not fully winter yet. Hearing how cold everyone else has to put up with makes me really appreciate our mild winters. And considering it was already 25C when I started running this morning at 5:30 am, I'm wishing it was still winter.

Karin said...

Congratulations for your bravery, biking to the gym in the cold. Brrrr. You have a great workout routine.

ajh said...

You are def. on trace to meet your goal. I love that you are still riding your bike to your workout. Do you have a good place to lock it while you are there? Is it hard to carry your stuff?

Amy said...

@ Andrea: I lock it outside the gym - I hook the chain around a railing. And as for carrying my stuff - I still have a kid seat on the back of my bike and my gym back fits in there perfectly!
It's so handy, I might just keep it there til I become a grandma and actually need it for a kid again! ;-)

Fran said...

Good going Amy that you "sucked it up" and did it because you knew you would be busy the rest of the week.

It's really chilly this week but as long as it's dry and no snow, no complains here :)

Have a great week.

Ewa said...

Biking in cold weather is challenging. You are my hero. I can run in very cold temps and not mind it at all but no matter how warm I dress, biking makes me cold.
Nice strength routine. Now for the pic of your beautiful muscles. :)

Anonymous said...

Here it's almost impossible to have 4° C. Glad you succeed in biking with that cold!