Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday musings...


Some wisdom in my mailbox today from Daily OM:

"Our level of abundance is directly in proportion to the goodness we choose to see in our lives. The perception that others have more abundant lives than we do is what usually makes our lives seem lacking. Since we tend to create more of what we focus on in life, we can serve ourselves by turning our attention to the goodness in our lives. This encourages the perception of abundance, even if we
don't have any more than we did originally. The more we focus on our blessings
and affirm our wealth and abundance, the more abundance we will create in our
lives. Your abundance will increase today as you choose to adopt the perception
that you already have an abundant life."

I think I am pretty good at this. I generally feel like a very lucky person! And I agree that so much in life is determined by our own attitude towards the things that are going on.
Yesterday I was busy all day cleaning and shopping for the weekend (just mentioning it so you guys don't think I do nothing but run, workout, meet friends for lunch and go to art exhibits all week!) - today is a holiday in Belgium with all the stores closed, and I had to be in the sports hall all day for my two younger boys badminton tournament. Then tomorrow afternoon the in-laws are coming for the last installment in our youngest's holy confirmation (hence the shopping and cleaning yesterday)!
I wasn't really looking forward to spending the entire day on bleachers - I enjoy watching the matches but it's the sitting all day that kills me! But I have to say I really enjoyed it today - cheering on my own kids and their friends, seeing other parents I knew and meeting new ones, and learning more about the sport from the coach. Despite my sore behind (I forgot to take a cushion this time, Char!) it was a fun day.
Both boys did well and now we are finally home. Tomorrow morning I need to get moving and bake a cake and put together the veggie lasagna for after church. But right now I am relaxing and having a glass of wine. Have a happy weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Ewa said...

I think I will print it out and put it next to my bed. :)
Have a wonderful weekend, Amy.

ajh said...

I spent a lot of time in bleachers at swim meets. I enjoyed it for the most part but I remember one afternoon when I was reading and missed the race I was sitting there to watch. (I didn't tell my daughter - of course I saw her race!)

Fran said...

Looks like you have a busy but fun weekend my friend.

I'm a lucky girl too, I love my life and I never look at what other people have. My life is good and I appreciate it.

Char said...

Oh no - you forgot!

Spending time watching your kids do what they love has to be one of the most rewarding things that we as Mothers can do.