
When I woke up this morning and saw how windy it was outside, I really didn't want to go run. It looked so blustery and cold - ugh! But then I started that mental battle, arguing with myself about it, and finally I figured I would be so annoyed with myself for not going, it would just be better to go and get it done with. It would put me in a much better mood for the rest of the day, too!
Stefaan came with me and when we left the wind was terrible! But we still ended up doing nearly 8 km for just under an hour. I kept telling myself the wind was simply an additional workout challenge for my legs, but at some points it was like pushing through mud. I was so glad to be done when we finally got home - but glad I went!
Isn't running often like that? Hard to get out the door for some reason, but never any regrets once you're done.
7 comments:
Congratulations for not giving into the mental game. Running in the wind is hard, and annoying. I admire you for just doing it. Good Job.
I like your windy cloud. Good for you for going out. I think I would have gotten back under the covers.
I completely agree with you and it is 100 per cent true for the gym too.
Good for you for getting out there.
You're totally right - there are never any regrets from a run. I hope the wind blew away all the pollution from the other week.
Especially on my early morning runs, runs are like that.
I didn't run this weekend because of my cold but you know I love me some wind during a run. I did walk this weekend and thought "great running weather" :)
Running against the wind can be really tough - it makes me want to give up! We've had a bit of wind this weekend, but not as bad as you - well done for going out anyway!
Windy runs are sometimes the worst! I am happy you got out there! :)
Post a Comment