This morning, on a complete whim, I decided to go take a trial class at the brand new yoga studio that opened not far from my home. I had only spotted it on Monday when I happened to be driving by, but it has been open since November 1st and is called Flowing Yoga.
I checked it out on-line and saw that I could take a trial class for 5 euros and you could drop in at any of the scheduled classes, and there was one on this morning at 9:30. So once everyone else headed off to school and work, and I had cleaned the kitchen and had my own breakfast and green tea, I just decided to pack up my yoga mat and go! The studio is very conveniently located next to a grocery store, so parking is no problem. I could easily bike here but it was so freezing cold this morning that I pooped out and took the car. Plus I figured I could pick up some groceries I needed after the class - how convenient!
There were 6 of us there to take the class and the set up was very nice - a reception area with stools, a hot cup of tea to welcome you, a roomy dressing room, and an airy bright studio. Our teacher, Nathalie, was very friendly and enthusiastic, and having been doing yoga on my own for some time now, it was really nice to have the support, correction and encouragement of a real person again! The class was a bit more than an hour and was a vinyasa class, which means there are certain set moves that you do in a flowing sequence, sometimes several times, always linking the movements to your breath, and then alternating this with certain poses that you hold for 5 full breaths. It was a very thorough full body workout. And best of all, afterwards I felt great!
It's so great to have another option here in our town for yoga - and I love that it's flexible and that there are several options during school hours, which suits me best. I will definitely be going back.
I'm also glad I took some time for myself this morning because the rest of the day has been rather hectic. Hope you are all having a happy hump day!
3 comments:
The yoga studio sounds wonderful! A class of six people is a very nice size. What a great way to start your morning. Sounds like you found a very nice yoga studio, and it is convenient too.(Picture?) I admire you for doing yoga, with your running. Not only are you doing great cardio, but yoga provides such wonderful flexibility for the body, plus it is good for the body, mind and spirit too. I've been thinking of doing some yoga, as it is just...terrific!
That class sounds like it's win-win for you. good location. Good time. Easy parking. And the option of picking up groceries. Plus you felt great after. You'd be nuts if you didn't go back.
It is too good to have a gym or a studio near home.
When I was injured, after both the surgeries, I went to a gym 2 minutes walking (with the crutches) from home. Great location too!
Post a Comment