This has been a very strange week. My 17-year-old has had a regular school week, while my 15 and 12 year old had exams on Monday and Tuesday morning and have been home for the remaining time. I am someone who thrives on routine so this has gotten me a bit discombobulated! At least the weather has been gorgeous but I have been so busy working around everyone else's schedule and activities I haven't gotten out for a run - but I did at least get my usual gym workout in on Monday.
Today I am taking some time for myself: a short run this morning and meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon.
Tomorrow the boys get their report cards in the morning (fingers crossed!) and I will treat them to lunch out after that. And then it's the start of two weeks of Easter vacation...and picking my running back up so as to be ready for the Ladies Run 10K in May!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Two weeks? That's a lot. I don't think here in Holland they have a vacation. First one is the first week of May here.
I'm like you: I like routine and I would be discomobulated too.
What have you planned for Easter vacation? I'm curious!
Enjoy Spring weather: have nice runs and ... a pleasant coffee meeting!
Good luck for you son's exams!
Does the lunch out with the boys reflect their marks? If they do well they get to have anything they want and if they do badly they only get a leaf of lettuce? I'm mean, aren't I.
Report cards! Do they get graded on a scale of 100? There is so much grade creep/inflation here in the USA, the kids almost have to have 100% every time! When we were children back in South Africa 80% was considered very good, a mark of distinction.
Bert: grading is very rigorous here, too - we are happy when they get 70%!
It's kind of fun to have different weeks. Hope the report cards turn out well!
Easter holiday starting here too - enjoy it!
2 weeks of vacation: any traveling plan? Here the days off at school are 4 (my wife is an elementary school teacher) and in my office only 1.
Enjoy this time of good weather and vacations to spend a lot of time running, having coffee with your friends and of course with your family.
Post a Comment