The last couple of days have been filled to the brim with one activity after another, some of them very unexpected and nerve-wracking (but in a good way).
- On Thursday, I was quietly enjoying having all my children healthy and back in school when I got a phone call from one of the big radio stations here. At first I thought, I won a prize! But no - he wanted to come the next day and interview me and Linda about a workshop we are doing about tea for a local cultural organization. We hesitantly agreed and proceeded to freak out getting ourselves prepared.
- On Friday morning, it was beautiful and sunny and I knew the best thing I could do for my interview nerves was go out for a run. It was awesome and I ended up doing an extra loop around the lake just because it looked so pretty in the spring sunshine. Ended up with 8.5 km in 59 minutes.
- Then Linda came over and we prepped for the interview. At 2, Jonas from Radio 2 arrived with his recorder and we got to work. He wanted us to make tea so he could record the sound effects of boiling water, pouring, tea cups clinking, and then he asked us questions about our topic. It ended up being a lot of fun! The interview, which will be about 4 minutes long, is supposed to run on Tuesday - I am excited but really dreading hearing my own voice and my accent in Dutch.
I won't bore you with all the other things that have been going on, but they've all been positive. Sometimes it stresses me out when things seem to all want to happen on the same day or same weekend, but then I remind myself I should be grateful to have my teacup filled to the brim from time to time!
14 comments:
You will be fantastic! Wish I could speak Dutch to listen to your radio show! Awesome.
Please, let us listen the interview! Could you put 4 minutes video on your blog?
Have a nice week!
I bet the interview is great. How exciting to have so much positive going on!
Woohoo! You're a celebrity. That's so exciting for you.
I know what you mean about the full teacup. Mine's been pretty full since I started back at work and people keep on trying to top it up. I have to remind myself that it will all get done and to just keep breathing. Exercise is great to help with the stress.
Thanks, guys! If there is some way to put up a link to the interview, I will (as long as I don't sound too stupid)!
Woohoo I'm friends with a celebrity!
That's so great Amy that you had that interview.
You won't sound stupid. I heard you talk in Dutch and you speak it very well and you have a lovely voice.
I wonder if you could post that interview. So fine, I won't understand a word but I'll get to hear your voice.
Teacup filled to the brim? --- Nice considering the topic. :)
Aww, I love the cheesy teacup tie-in! :)
So cool that you were interviewed and that they did all that sound work! I hope you can share it with us (even though I will not understand it!).
It does seem like everything seems to happen at once. And when it doesn't, I am bored. LOL!
Yay, you're famous! Sometimes it's good to be busy.
Send us the link in due course and congrats! Is it in English or Flemish or French? BTW I am a big rooibos tea and white tea drinker, try to avoid caffeine. Any good hints for tea that is naturally low in caffeine?
If you really want to avoid caffeine, you should go with herbal tea. One I like, that has a good strong taste like coffee or black tea, is nettle tea. It's very good for your liver, too.
I hope that the interview was in english so we can listen your speech (in italian would be better but I cannot ask too much!!!!).
A run around the lake under a warm sun in spring time is ..... heaven!
Sorry, it was in Dutch!
Post a Comment