Hey there! I hope everyone had a good Leap Day. I got to the gym, and had a really good workout. An interval run, weights and the elliptical, with some abs and stretching to finish off. The gym was very quiet again. Must be a lot of people on ski holiday right now or something.
I was feeling extremely motivated to do my weights, because we just booked a half day rock climbing class for all 5 of us this summer when we are in the Black Hills of South Dakota. I also promised the boys I would go to the climbing gym here with them a few times to try it out. I've never been really excited to go climbing because when I look at those high climbing walls, I get a bit freaked out. I have this fear of hights, you see. Do you think that might be a problem? Was I crazy to sign up for a rock climbing class? Hmmmm...
I have a run to the Finnish track on my schedule today but first I have to take my oldest son to the doctor. He's been hit pretty hard by the flu, has been home since Tuesday and I want to make sure there isn't anything going on in his lungs, because he's been very wheezy. Fingers crossed that it's nothing serious...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Keeping my fingers crossed for your son.
Well as a person who is afraid of heights too I can tell you I won't go rock climbing :) But you already signed up and all I can say is: don't look down.
It's really good to do something that scares you every so often. You'll be out of your comfort zone for sure. But I'll bet you have a blast and wonder why you were so worried in the first place.
You are certainly brave to do that. I'm sure you will still enjoy it.I think you might hear "don't look down" quite often when out there. Hope your son is better already.
Rock climbing? Check this out: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7383158n
I wish I had more time to do more of it. I tried some years ago and loved it but the nearest rock climbing gym is just too far away to visit on regular basis.
I hope your son is okay. I have no desire to rock climb but my son is just getting into it.
Have you been to South Dakota before?
No, this will be our first time to visit South Dakota. We have a huge road trip planned for this summer - so excited!
I hope your son feels good. I am sure that climbing will be a nice experience. Never tried and I think that it is not for me.
I hope that your son is feeling better after his doctor's appointment. I get nervous when my kids are sick.
For a great climbing adventure you should check out the Black Hills of South Dakota. Rapid City is a great destination to get your climb on :) Check out this video to give you a feel for what you can get yourself into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLZiuQjL6SQ and also: http://www.visitrapidcity.com/whattodo/outdoorrecreation/rockclimbing/
Post a Comment