It was a weirdly filled day today. Florian and I biked to our piano lessons, where I finally was able to play my Bartok piece convincingly enough to make our teacher, Johan, happy with it! Yay! Then we biked home - kaching! - 40 minutes total to log in!
Then we had to be at the hospital at 2 pm for a head x-ray for Florian's upcoming othodontic treatment. Since it is quite pleasant weather, we biked down - kaching! - another 15 minutes to log in!
After waiting at the hospital a little bit (I had my Bayeux tapestry to work on, since it was still in my bag from piano lessons, and the boys amused themselves making really tall towers with the duplo blocks - funny how they seem just a bit too big for the "play corner" anymore), they finally took Florian's x-ray, and we noticed we had plenty of time to make the afternoon show.
First we stopped at a school supply store to stock up on some things Florian needs for high school. Then we headed over to the theater, bought our tickets and were sitting waiting for the new Harry Potter to start, when lo and behold, our friends Leen and Jef and their son Lucas walked in! Now normally it might not seem strange to run into friends at the movies, but these particular friends happen to live in London! So it was quite weird and funny to see them, and after the movie was over we stood in the parking lot catching up while the boys biked around together. Finally we said our goodbyes and headed home - kaching! - another 15 minutes of biking to add to my log!
By the way, Felix says this Harry Potter is not as scary as the last one because he hardly needed to put his sweatshirt over his face at all (but I think I still saw it over his head out of the corner of my eye a couple of times)! Of all the teachers, Snape is still my favorite. And Harry and his friends are getting awfully grown up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That ended up to be a lot of biking! I love when that can happen. Sounds like you and the boys had a great day!
Post a Comment