My workout plan for today is: YOU intermediate workout, 30 minute walk. I just did the YOU workout and had a victory with plank pose - I can do plank but could never switch from plank to side plank without lying down on the ground first to get up on one arm. Today I did it, turned to my side and lifted up on one arm without coming out of the pose, then turned back to full plank and repeated on the other side!! This is a big thing for me, as I have struggled with my left shoulder feeling really weak since hurting it last December in a Body Pump class. The weight training I have recently reinstated (even though I hate it!) has been paying off. Woo-hoo!
By the way, the YOU workout I do can be downloaded for free at http://www.iamplify.com/ (click on "free downloads"). There is a beginner, intermediate and advanced workout, they all last about 15 minutes and I have been using it twice a week on days I am not doing weights.
Now it's off for my brisk walk (luckily it's not raining)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Woo-hoo for the plank!
Amy,
Great blog!
You too are inspiring to me. You have come so far from that high school student who used to skip gym class :)
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment