Monday, October 29, 2007

Herfstvakantie

Yes, it's fall vacation week here in Belgium and all the kids have a whole week off school! It sure is nice to have some down time with the boys and not have to get up and rush out the door for a few days. The only thing that is tough with school vacations is getting all my workouts in. In the past this usually fell in the water, but now, with January looming just around the corner (11 weeks to go) I really can't afford to let that happen. The other thing with school vacations is that I tend to get a lot less biking in (especially if the weather is bad, like this morning, pouring down rain).

So I sat down this morning and plotted out a modified training plan for this week, switching around some things (the gym is closed on Thursday for All Saint's Day, a national holiday, so I'll do my speed workout on Friday). I also looked at my strength workouts and changed those some, as I have hit the five week mark and it's time to do that. Then I did the "new" strength workout (it's not really new, I just rearranged the exercises some) and got that out of the way. Always nice to get things out of the way early!

Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

J said...

Great start on a new week! Did you say 11 weeks left? Yikes.