Sunday, December 2, 2007

Back in the saddle

Yesterday I wisely followed coach Jenny and coach Mark's advice and took a 30 minute walk. It was a pretty, sunny morning out and it felt good to get some fresh air. By the end of the walk, I was starting to feel wobbly, like I would normally feel after a long run. So I was a bit discouraged about that. But thankfully Joy reminded me of one of the Four Agreements: "Just do your best". And I decided that was all I could do and tried not to worry about today.

This morning it was very windy but not raining so Stefaan and I decided to do a short run/walk to the cemetary and back. It was more walking than jogging, but I did get some longer jogging segments in and they felt okay. By the time we got to our turn around, it had started raining, so we had to face that the rest of the way home. But I am glad we got out and it felt better than yesterday. Total time was 30 minutes.

This week will be about doing my best each day and hopefully by the end of the week I will be back to a reasonable level of working out.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

yeah, you are back on track.

KatyShops said...

I'm glad you are feeling better!! Great job jumping back into your workouts...you will be right back on track in no time.

J said...

Glad to see you are getting it all back! You will definately be to your normal level of fitness in no time. keep it up!