Because of plans with friends this week I had to shift my usual workouts around a bit. On Monday I went to the gym and did my tempo run and weights. It went well, I did a total of 5 kilometers in 32 minutes. I even finished up my strength routine with some pushups, and I am still feeling the effects of that today (ouch)!
Yesterday I met Aisling in Brussels and she had found the neatest vegetarian restaurant for us, on the Chaussée d'Ixelles in the Flagey area, Dolma. It was delicious and so unusual! It was set up as a buffet: one table with salads, soup and fresh cold veggies; another with hot dishes, which yesterday consisted of two kinds of rice, lentils, swiss chard, seitan stroganoff, tofu in a chervil sauce, spinach quiche, a pastry with a nut filling, etc. It was delicious! For 15 euros you can enjoy as much as you like of the buffet, plus you get one serving from the dessert table. We both had the apricot almond tart, which was lovely.
The other nice thing about Dolma is that it has a very nice health food store attached to it, so luckily we had enough time after our meal to check out the shop. I actually saw some interesting things there that I had never seen in health food shops in Leuven, so that was interesting. All in all it was a great discovery - thanks, Aisling!
This morning I got up, I have to admit, missing my "littles" more than a little bit. It's just too quiet! I had to do my usual Thursday run today, so I set off, and when I got to the park where I was going to do loops on the Finnish piste, I saw there were groups of preschool kids there collecting leaves and chestnuts with their teachers. As I ran past them, I saw the little girl who lives across the street from us, and amazingly enough (with me in my running gear, sweaty and hair pulled up) she recognized me and was all excited, waving at me. "Dag buurvrouw!" she yelled cheerily. Well that certainly cheered me up! I ran the rest of my route enjoying the way the leaves were falling just like big brown lazy snowflakes...don't you just love fall?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dolma looks amazing!
I've been a veggie now for over a month and hopefully eating properly..although it does take more work!
Post a Comment