Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Race to Dream About

I just love reading Kristin Armstrong's running blog on the Runner's World website - she is such a talented writer. Her most recent post was about the Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco - you know, the famous race where you get a Tiffany necklace handed to you by a fireman in a tuxedo as you cross the finish line! A race to dream about (and yes, mom, there is a half and a full). I esepcially love the pact she made with her two daughters about the necklace.

Jenny, Mark, and Mark's brother Jim are all running the Niagra Falls Marathon(Mark) and Half Marathon (Jenny and Jim) in Canada today - I want to wish them the best of luck and times they can be pleased with (and not be cursing when they cross the finish line, like Kathryn!). It's Jim's very first half marathon, so I know what he will be going through today and I'm sure it will be a wonderful and tough experience. Good luck, guys! Can't wait to hear how you all did!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I have heard about that San Franciso race! I was in San Francisco July of 2007 and enjoyed the city and would one day love to do that race.

Wishing your friends well, too, as they run their race today!