Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ladies who Lunch

Am I turning into one of those? I don't care, I just had lunch with a friend at Lukemieke, one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Leuven, and it was so good! I always have the feeling, after eating there, that I have eaten something so good for me, and delicious, and that I have been so coddled and well taken care of. Mmm!

But I did get my run in first this morning before heading off to lunch: just an easy 34 minutes around the neighborhood which ended up being 4.8 km. The wind made it at times a pretty tough workout and I got some good big hills in, too!

Yesterday, Felix, Gillis and I managed to take advantage of a short break in the rain to go and do our 3 km run to the cemetary and back. As usual, Gillis was ahead of us the whole time, but Felix and I managed to get home in 23 minutes, so we were both pleased. Felix likes the 5 min run/1 min walk routine, so he can keep asking me "How long still?" during the running segments! But he is doing so well, I am so proud of him for sticking with it!

The other fun thing we did yesterday together was make the Coconut-Almond Energy Bars recipe that is in the November issue of Runner's World. Gillis helped me mix them up and they are so good! And healthy too - that is certainly a bonus.

No comments: