I was lucky today...our electrician was supposed to come, and he called last night and said he would not be here til eleven. Then, when I walked the boys to school this morning, we noticed it is starting to get lighter out, and by the time I turned back home, it was full daylight out, not (yet) raining, and definitely a lot less cold than it has been lately (3° C I saw as I ran). So, I thought, the perfect window of opportunity to get my Thursday run in...instead of putting it off til tomorrow, which I had originally thought I would have to do. I do hate putting runs off because then I feel like it is hanging over my head until I finally manage to do it.
So I got home, quickly got my running things on and headed out the door just before 9 am. I did a little bit different neighborhood route than usual, which turned out to be 7.8 km in one hour. As soon as I got home, it started to POUR down rain! Quickly took a shower and was ready when Ludo (our electrician) arrived. I always feel lucky when things work out nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am glad things worked out! Good job getting the run done when an opportunity came up.
Thanks for the kind words, as always, Amy. You are so sweet. I am looking forward to the pain being gone but I will miss running. I do plan to stick around, have to figure out exactly what to do with the blog. On a positive note, I have swam twice in two days. Better than sitting around moping! :D Hope you are well. You look great, BTW!! Sunny Florida looked good too.
Take care!
Talk about timing! Your stars were aligned for running today!
Good that you got your run in. We are going to rock at the Princess.
Post a Comment