Friday, October 2, 2009

Frumpy Friday

In the middle of the night, Wednesday, my youngest got sick, and after cleaning him up and getting him back to bed, it was 3 am and I just could not sleep. I was thinking about how I was going to have to call the doctor and get an appointment, how the doctor would most likely give my son Thursday and Friday off school, how I was then going to have to call Linda to change our meeting on Thursday to plan our workshops (would have to be at my house now and later than planned), call my other friend to tell her I was going to have to miss the seminar we were going to on Friday, and besides all that, call the school. Then when my monkey mind was done figuring all that out, it was just getting started! On it moved to other topics, all of which I had absolutely no control over, just worries and ruminations about things coming up, but they continued to tumble through my head like clothes in a dryer. AAARRRGGG!

I hate when I do that, and I cannot, absolutely cannot, seem to shut it off! So the result was, I got no sleep and was a wreck yesterday. And since Felix is home today, we both slept in a bit, are taking it easy, I am catching up on some work, he's chilled out watching our old home movies - he loves watching himself as a baby! Sometimes it's good to have a quiet day and on the up side, I get to hang out with one of my most favorite people in the world. I am bummed about missing the seminar I had planned to go to today, it would have been really interesting, but...oh well. My friend promised me she would take notes.

The good thing is, since I knew I was going to attend this, I had already planned to do my normal Friday workout on Saturday morning. And so I might be a little bit more tired than usual, but I will get it in tomorrow.

4 comments:

KatyShops said...

Oh I hate it when that happens...I did that the other night. I hope Felix feels better.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I'm sorry you had to miss the event, and sorry about your son. I hope he feels better soon.

Take care.

Fran said...

So at last the changes of plans turned out to be a relaxing day with your son.

And I know you will go tomorrow because you have so much self-control on your working outs.

Charmae said...

I know how you feel, I have three kids of my own. I hope your son feels better soon.