Friday, November 12, 2010

Day of Thanks 10

Today I am thankful to Fran, who held a virtual race and sent me a nice little present for participating in it! When I opened my mailbox today, there it was waiting for me. The present is a pink and silver purse decoration with beads and I am going to hang it on the new black bag I bought for my trip - it will look great. Thanks, Fran!

Terrible weather here in northern Europe and both Fran and I are worried about our runs this weekend - I just heard the weather report and it doesn't look good. Since I only need to do 12 km this week, I will probably just get up on Sunday morning and go do it at the gym. I'll do what I usually do with a long run on a treadmill - break it into little segments, like 4x 3 km or something like that. And tell myself it won't be too bad...

I haven't done much this week except for walking and biking. I have been nursing a sore knee since I did weights at the gym on Tuesday and decided to give it a good rest. I want everything to be feeling good for the big day next week!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Great attitude! You must be getting really excited :)

Ewa said...

Hope the weather improves but if not, one more thing to be grateful for: treadmill.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Fran said...

You're welcome my friend, glad you liked it!

The wind isn't that bad anymore but now it's raining. I'll see tomorrow what it's like, otherwise I think I'm going to try it on the treadmill.

About Anne Frank, she was in Westerbork too before she was deported to Bergen Belsen where she died.

Fran said...

Just checked: tomorrow around 10 it is supposed to be dry so I guess I'm taking my chances tomorrow.

Char said...

I'm grateful that the weather here is never bad enough not to run. Hope things clear up for you soon.

chris mcpeake said...

sucks that the weather is crappy but not much you can do. Hopefully it gets better soon