Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day of Thanks 5

Today I am grateful that my last long run before the half marathon is DONE! Woo hoo! What a relief. I am feeling it now, but it went really well. It helped to know Fran was out there at the same time running her 12 today and Stefaan stayed with me for the first ten kilometers. The weather was chilly but fine enough for running, and we even had a little bit of sun, which was pretty through the orange and yellow leaves that are still on the trees.

There were lots of other runners out today, and we noticed many big fluffy dogs, for some reason. The route was my usual:



With 20 km under my belt I feel confident now about being able to finish the half marathon, but I am still not sure about getting a PR on the big day. With the paces I have been running it will be on the edge, I think. We shall see.

Now we are off to the in-laws for one last family get together this afternoon, then tomorrow the boys all go back to school, it's back to business as usual for me, and the big countdown to my trip to Florida starts! Have a great Sunday and good luck to all who are running the NY marathon today!

10 comments:

ajh said...

How many days until you go to Florida? Great job being prepared! I bet you can't wait to see your USA family!

Amy said...

I leave a week from this Friday, the race is Sunday the 21st and then I'll be in Florida til the Friday after and will have my first Thanksgiving at home in 21 years - yay! I am way too excited!

Anne said...

How exciting...only two more weeks and you'll be with your family enjoying a race! Double pleasure :)

Lori said...

Wow - 12 miles! You are doing great!

Giorgio said...

You've have done a great training and you'll enjoy the half marathon.

Fran said...

Well done Amy, great result!
I thought about you during my run, it helped me too knowing you were out there too.

You're definitely ready for the half!

Must be so much fun for you to celebrate Thanksgiving at home.

Cindy said...

I just finished my 12 miles and have confidence I can complete the race. Next week I have only 8 on the schedule. Keep up the great job and I'm sure you will PR.You know there will be people cheering you on.

Char said...

It's so good to get that last long run done. Well done on getting through your training.

Alexandra said...

It sounds like you are well prepared for your half marathon! How wonderful to spend Thanksgiving at home after so many years.

Enjoy your taper time!

Kim said...

Yay! I cannot wait to hear about the race! :)