Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day of Thanks 14: Fast (for me) Four!

Lots to do today so I decided to do a circuit workout at home followed by a fast short run. It was very chilly this morning but it looked like the sun was going to come out so I started out by warming up on the bike, taking Felix to school. Then when I got home I did the following circuit 4 times:
  • 10 stationary lunges
  • 10 squats
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 bent over dumbbell rows
  • 10 shoulder presses
  • 10 biceps curls
  • 10 French presses
  • 10 weighted crunches

I got my running jacket and hat back on and went out to do my run while I was still warmed up. I ran to the Finnish track, did two loops there and ran back:




I was keeping an eye on my average pace and I was really happy with how speedy I was (for me)! I am so grateful this run went well, especially after doing that circuit workout first. I used to hate doing weights first before a speed workout or HIIT, but now I kind of feel like the way you feel after doing a good weight session before running mimics the tiredness you get far into a long run. So it seems like good practice to me.

After I got home I did some yoga to stretch my legs out good - they are going to be cramped for a long time in the plane seat tomorrow. I am feeling ready for Sunday and am looking forward to seeing everyone in Florida! And oh, yes, some sun!

7 comments:

Ewa said...

Good job squeezing your workout in.
Have a safe flight and a wonderful time in Florida.

Johann said...

Well done with that workout! Great dedication. Good luck and have fun in Florida!

Liz said...

That looks like a pretty good workout! Well done!

Fran said...

Great workout! I've read that it's better to do weights before cardio because your muscles aren't tired yet and you can do the weight exercises better.

Have fun in Florida! Hope you will be able to blog from time to time.

Char said...

Woohoo! It's nearly time to race. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your holiday. Good luck for Sunday.

Karen said...

I just found your blog for the first time and love it. Looking forward to visiting again.

ajh said...

How exciting that you will be in the US. Have fun with your family!