My workouts are all flipped around this week due to a busy schedule (including our first workshop on Wednesday morning - topic this time is "Vegetarian Tapas"!) - so today my plan was to get my run in. It's beautiful sunny weather BUT apparently there is too much fine dust and soot in the air - we are way over the safe limits. I wasn't really thinking about this as I headed out at noon, after it had warmed up enough for me...
...but I felt it right away in my lungs. It was difficult and uncomfortable to breathe. I didn't want to poop out on my run, so I did the route I wanted to do (my usual 7 km to the lake, once around and back), and tried to keep my pace easy. It felt great in my legs but not so great in the lungs! Apparently it's not such a great idea to do heavy exercise outdoors when the fine dust levels are too high, but I wasn' t the only one - there were other joggers out at the lake.
I've been kind of coughing all day...hopefully it will go away. And tomorrow I'll be good and do my workout indoors at the gym!
8 comments:
I have certainly felt it on days when I ran through the park on the day of or day after a controlled burn!
When there are fires in the area, even far away (this year CA was spared) the smoke makes it very hard to run.
Hope your air clears soon. Any rains in the forecast?
Hope the smoke clears and that your cough does, too!
I hope your lungs feel good soon. Here in Sacramento, there are warnings (especially in the summer) to stay indoors due to pollution. It is hard to exercise outside on these days. Have a great week.
Is it from pollution? Man that is awful!
I didn't know that there are so much troubles with fine dust where you live. Never had that problem where I live. All I see since Saturday night is fog, fog and fog.
This isn't something that I've ever had to cope with. What are the dust particles from and do they happen often?
We've been having cold bright sunny days which means the pollution just hangs in the air. Bah!
Post a Comment