Sunday, November 13, 2011

Lucky Sunday

Stefaan and I headed out for our Sunday run this morning and just as we turned into the park with the lake, I spotted a 10 euro bill on the ground!

Cool! I quickly pocketed it and we continued on our way.

It was quite chilly and gray out - I think we finally have to say goodbye to the late Indian summer we have been having. It was great while it lasted.

We did 8.7 km in 60 minutes and it did take us a long time to feel warm. Time to get the winter running tights out!

Yesterday morning I did a yoga audio podcast for the first time - a Vinyasa class taught by Seane Corn that I downloaded from IAmplify.com some time ago. I was always apprehensive about doing it, because with yoga, I often need to see what I need to do. But I listened to the podcast the other night while I was trying to fall asleep, and I was able to visualize in my mind what she was asking the class to do, so I decided to give it a go.

It helped a lot that I had listened to it first, and it went pretty well. But it was not an easy, relaxed class - rather hard work! I still feel it in my arms today...

Then in the afternoon we had the church service for my son's holy confirmation. When the bishop was explaining to the kids what it meant, and how from now on they will be able to ask Jesus to help them lead good lives, but how He can only help them if they ask him, I couldn't help but being reminded of that scene in "Jerry Maguire" where Tom Cruise has that famous line, "Help ME help YOU!"
So you see, even church can be entertaining sometimes! Have a happy Sunday!

6 comments:

Fran said...

Great run Amy and lucky you found that 10 euro bill.
I've been wearing my winter tights for a couple of weeks now because I run early in the morning. I'm thinking about wearing my thermo clothes now because the weather is changing to colder weather.

Have a great Sunday.

Amy said...

You know I always hope for the sun to come out and warm things up!

ajh said...

Love that you found money! I ran too early today and it was cold but now it is gorgeous out!

Char said...

I've had to retire my winter tights and find all my shorts again. Lucky run for you - it's always a good run when you find money.

Cindy said...

I love it when I find money on the fround, remember London !

Kim said...

I wish I would find that much money. That's a lot! :)

And good for you for doing the podcast by listening! I am impressed! I know some yoga moves, but there are so many. I would have to look some up for sure :)