Friday, November 25, 2011

Winter is here!

To those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, I hope you had a happy day! We don't celebrate it here in Belgium, it's just a regular day in the week.
This morning the weather was decidedly colder, grayer, and very windy! Winter has arrrived, it feels like. So I was too wimpy to ride my bike to the gym and just took the car. Sometimes you gotta do what you have to to get yourself to go!
After a ten minute warm-up on the elliptical and 40 minutes of upper body weights, it was time for Body Balance class. I really enjoy that class. A lot of people leave right before the final relaxation, which is where you lie down on your mat for a few minutes and just rest. I always think they miss the best part of the hour!

4 comments:

misszippy said...

I cannot blame you for skipping the bike ride--it's hard to do in the cold. And like you, I always like in my yoga class when we get the shavasana (sp?) at the end and can zone out for 10 minutes or so.

ajh said...

So you got winter too. And yes The Night Strangers was kind of scary. Is your mother liking it?

Char said...

It's only fair that Winter's finally there because Summer's really settled in here. How's 25C for a 5:30 am temp for this morning's run? I haven't sweat so much for ages.

I don't think you're wimping out by going by car. If you feel guilty you can always do the equivalent minutes on the bike when you get there.

Giorgio said...

Maybe next month winter will be here too. In the meanwhile, Autumn is sunny and pleasant again here.
Have a ice weekend!