Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...


Jack Frost nipping at your nose...
Well, the chestnuts we don't have but Jack Frost is in DA HOUSE! Yes, it is sunny and beautiful and cold, cold, cold...the best kind of winter weather, except for a White Christmas. In the last 100 years there have only been 11 with a White Christmas here in Belgium. So most likely, it's not in the cards. I will definitely take the crisp and sunny weather as runner up. It certainly is cheery!
Our tree is looking cheery too, with all the packages piling up day by day as they are delivered or purchased. It is a very small tree by American standards, but this only endears it to us all the more.
No running today - I had a tooth filled this morning, my first cavity in ages and ages, since I was a kid, I think. What a bummer. So my running days will be Wednesday and Friday, cross training (i.e. shopping and going out to lunch and dodging through the crowded shopping streets) Thursday. My right leg is feeling much better since Sunday - I did a lot of biking yesterday and that seemed to help loosen it up.
I just hope and pray that the good weather holds out til our long run on Sunday!

2 comments:

J said...

Glad to hear your leg is feeling better! Your tree looks nice. Now if only I could get mine up...

Cindy said...

Your tree looks great! I finally have ornaments on all three of mine. It's amzing what you can get done when your home sick.