Friday, April 25, 2008

Belated Earth Day

I know, I'm a bit behind! But I did want to post a couple of interesting links for those of you who are interested in helping improve the environment through making changes in your eating habits.

www.earthsave.org : has lots of articles on what you can do to improve your health and the environment

www.vegpledge.com : here you can fill out a pledge to either reduce the amount of meat in your current diet, eliminate meat in your diet, or eliminate all animal products...in return you receive a free packet of information plus a free six month subscription to Vegetarian Times Magazine (if you live in the US or Canada).

John Robbins says in his book, "A Diet for a New America" (which I highly recommend):

...if Americans were to reduce their meat consumption by only 10 percent, it would free over 12 million tons of grain annually for human consumption. That by itself would be enough to adequately feed every one of the 60 million human beings who will starve to death on the planet this year.

Help yourself, help others, help the planet by simply reducing how much meat you eat!

No comments: