I'm very excited because on April 19th EVA is hosting a lecture by Christine Vardaros on "Dispelling myths of a vegan diet for athletes". Christine is a writer and professional cross biker (her blog is http://www.christinevardaros.blogspot.com/) and she lives and trains in the Leuven area. Then they will show the documentary "Vegan fitness, built naturally" (with Brendan Brazier, Tonya Kay en Robert Cheeke). Brendan Brazier wrote the book "The Thrive Diet", all about being active on a vegan diet. (I haven't read it yet, but it is on my list for a future order at Amazon.)
I am definitely planning to go, in spite of the fact that I have an incredibly busy week coming up - two workshops with Linda, plus our presentation on "Donderdag Veggiedag" at school in front of 85 5th graders (help)! Why is it that things always end up being clumped together, never nicely spread out so you can relax and enjoy them one by one??? Oh well...
In case anyone else who lives here in Belgium is also interested in the lecture on the 19th, here are the details:
EVA vzw gaat de sportieve toer op. Op zaterdag 19 april 2008 zorgen we vanaf 13u voor een goed gevulde namiddag met een lezing en een filmvoorstelling
over plantaardige sportvoeding. Dit evenement gaat door in de Vrije Universiteit
Brussel, Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Elsene. De toegang bedraagt 3 euro voor EVA-leden en
4 euro voor niet-leden.
Het programma ziet er als volgt uit :
13u: verwelkoming, voorstelling EVA vzw en EVA Sport
13u30: lezing door Christine Vardaros - Dispelling myths of a vegan diet for
athletes
14u15 – 14u30: pauze
14u30 – 16u10: film Vegan fitness, built naturally (met Brendan Brazier, Tonya Kay en Robert Cheeke)
Meer info: eva.sport@vegetarisme.be.
4 comments:
Hi Amy:
Thanks so much for the props! And i really appreciate that you're making the effort to hear me talk. I do agree with you that all events/activities/deadlines seem to occur on top of each other. I wish i could figure out a way to avoid that!!! Hopefully by the 19th i will have prepared something to say - haha!
Tot ziens,
Christine
The "announcement" text you posted kind of made me chuckle. I used to live in Japan, and until I got comfortable with the language, I could only pick out the English words. It sounded something like this: "blah blah blah KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN blah blah blah TENNIS MATCH blah blah I LOVE NEW YORK." That's what I though of when looking at all those Dutch? words and then "Dispelling myths of a vegan diet for
athletes" just pops out.
Don't forget to post some Springtime in Belgium pictures for us.
I wish I could join you at the lecture! I have read Brendan Brazier's book and found it very helpful and interesting. Also, I love reading Christine's blog! Please take notes for me!
Christine - I wouldn't want to miss it! I'm really looking forward to it and trying to rope a friend of mine into coming too!
Topher - I kept your request for pictures in mind on my run this morning (which gave me really good excuse to stop running for a couple minutes)!
Jenny - I will definitely be taking notes and will most likely blog about it afterwards - that is, if Christine comes up with something to say :) !!
Post a Comment