Yesterday's tempo run felt hard. It was a struggle the whole time. I never felt like I got into the groove, even after getting through the usual initial hard bit I always have in every run. It was strange and bit of a downer, but I kept thinking, just do the workout and you have still benefitted from it, even if it felt bad. This is when I realize how much of running is in the mind!
I had to do 5x 5 minute fast segments, with 2 minute slower intervals. I didn't get up to as fast a tempo as I would have hoped, but I ended up doing 5.5 km in the total 35 minutes. And I was sweating like crazy - ugh. Man was I glad when I could finally get off that treadmill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The tempo runs are supposed to be hard! :) I always tell myself that I am improving my running while I run those. That helps me to go on.
hahahaha, very funny!
I thought you were out enjoying the scenery! Yikes all of that on the dreadmill, good for you!!
Great job Amy! They are supposed to feel hard, so you were definitely doing it right. Although, I know what you mean about not getting in the groove.
Post a Comment