It's Father's Day here so we got up and made pancakes for Stefaan and he got to open his presents. Then I dragged him off to the lake for our long run!
We did 6 loops (8.4 km) in 55 minutes and it all went nice and easy, except for that predictable tough point I always hit somewhere between loops 3 and 4. You know, when the running feels hard and your legs feel like cement and your mind is going, "Why am I doing this? What is the point? Am I crazy? What did I ever think was so great about running? I don't have to do this. I could quit. Then I could sleep in on Sundays and drink wine on Saturday evening...bla, bla, bla"
And so it keeps on, my disobedient mind, until I focus on my legs and soften up my stride so it feels better and think about how lucky I am to be able to run. And remember that I always hit that hard spot, nothing unusual about it, and just push through it and it will pass. And it did.
Happy trails to you all today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you to push on through, what does a brain know about running! LOL
Post a Comment