Monday, June 30, 2008

Voorgoed uit ons midden, voor altijd in ons hart

We said our goodbyes to Johan on Saturday. It was a day filled with deep sorrow and many, many tears but we were so grateful afterwards to have been able to share it with his family, friends, fellow students, and the numerous people whose lives had been touched in some way by Johan. He will be missed by so many, yet he will live on in our hearts.

My wise friend Joy said to me: "It's so strange how death is an inevitable part of life, yet we never get used to it....We have to endure this to carry the candle in our hearts, I firmly believe."

Be still an instant and go home with Him, and be at peace a while.
Course in Miracles, p. 341

2 comments:

Sarah Kathryn said...

I am so sorry for your loss :(

Lily on the Road said...

Your friend Joy is very wise, death is always a struggle for those of us left behind.

What a lovely passage, I will look for Course in Miracles.

God speed.