Who remembers the Eddie Murphy routine about the ice cream man??? No seriously, there was mild panic in the house yesterday evening when the clanking bell of the ice cream man was heard down the street! Luckily our neighbor Kristel had flagged him down a few weeks ago and begged him to slow down (he used to fly through our street) two nights a week. What a treat for the boys! (Want a lick? Psych!)
Unfortunately it's just not really ice cream weather yet here...the temperature is still quite chilly and yesterday it was supposed to rain. So I decided to do my long run at the gym. It still amazes me how busy it gets there around 10 on a Sunday morning...of course I was there by 9:15, I am so paranoid about not getting a treadmill (there are only 8 of them).
Normally I had to do 7 loops around the lake, which means 9.8 km, so I decided to do a nice even 10 on the treadmill. I started out by doing 2.5 in 18 minutes, taking a potty break (that is the wondeful thing about being at the gym!), and then comitting to the remaining 7.5, which ended up taking me 53 minutes. Whew. It is a long stretch on a machine, I have to admit. But I was pleased when I was finished and headed home, in spite of the fact that it was gorgeously sunny and I actually could have done the run outside. Oh well.
1 comment:
Ah, I'm jealous of your not-quite-ice-cream-yet weather!! It's so so hot here, as you know!
You've got some seriously good runs in of late; you are going to have a wonderful race in July!
I'm jealous of all of your culture and the neat things you get to do and see - like your food shopping trip.
Post a Comment