Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Perfect running weather

Yesterday was perfect running weather. Sunny, but crisply cool with a very slight breeze at 8:30 am. I walked the boys to school and took off from there for 45 minutes with some hills. My runs seem to take me further and further afield these days! I ended up doing 6.6 km, enjoying the green, the flowers and shrubs and trees, the horses in the field - it felt really good!

For those of you who are struggling with the heat, Kristen Armstrong's most recent blog is full of her take on running in hot, hot, hot Austin TX right now:
http://milemarkers.runnersworld.com/2008/06/some-like-it-ho.html

Wherever you are, enjoy your day!

4 comments:

J said...

I hope I get some of that perfect running weather when I come and visit!

USJogger said...

We are having a run of perfect weather here in the American Midwest, too. I did this week's long run on the first day, and I'm praying that it will last until next week's long run. But alas, I suspect that it won't.

Meg said...

I love Kristin Armstrong's blog. I always look forward to it!

Lily on the Road said...

Sounds, well just 'perfect'!

Hope you are doing well, I've been busy, crazy and I'm just catching up now before heading out for a 9K in the rain.