Thursday, June 12, 2008

Short Update

Just a quick "week in review" as we are now in June which means:
  • full swing exam week for our oldest
  • last month of school, i.e. school outings, presentations, etc. for the two younger ones
  • the dire need to plan outings with my friends that we've been putting off for months and must do before school is out!

Aisling and I got together on Monday and ended up taking a wonderful hike through the Meerdael woods, from one natural spring (Zoet Waterbron) to another (Meerdaelbron). It was perfect weather, all hot and sunny (we were cool in the shady forest) and it took us 1 hour and 45 minutes. I mapped it later on Map My Run and it was about 7 km. Not too bad considering we were babbling away the whole time!

Linda and I had planned a "professional" outing to Brussels on Tuesday to a very posh herborist shop on Place St. Catherine. It's a gorgeous shop, and in the back they have a room where all the walls are full of those little wooden pull out drawers, with every dried herb imaginable. We also hit the huge Asian grocery store which is right in the neighborhood, spent a good long while looking at all the specialities, and came out with heavy bags! We're planning to do some experimenting over the summer for our fall workshops.

Today, it was pouring down rain, so I headed off to the gym for a run. I did 5 km in 35 minutes, and then I had to rush off to make sure I would be in time to pick up my oldest from his first exam, Latin, and take him home for lunch and more studying. With our odd schedules the next ten days I am going to have to be very vigilant about getting my runs in!

1 comment:

J said...

Sounds like a busy week!