Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BFL Day 59: 100 KG!

Stefaan helped me get my bike into the car this morning so I could drop the car off at the garage and then continue onto the gym with by bike. At the garage I was glad I had built up a lot more upper body strength in the last 8 weeks because I was able to wrestle it back out again all by myself.

After handing over the keys to our friendly garage people, I headed off to the gym, stopping at my favorite natural foods store which was right on my way. I recently found a kamut bulghur there which is high in protein (17g per 100g) for a grain and really yummy.

Today was lower body. I was already warmed up from all the biking! So I got started on the leg press machine and for the first time today, I hit the 100 KG mark! It was tough but felt good to be able to do it.

I finished off the rest of the workout and headed home under the blazing sun. We are bracing ourselves for another Belgian "heatwave" the next couple days, but it does feel good to have some warm sunny weather.

The laminate floor was all installed and looked beautiful - all I had to do was vacuum up all the dust so we can move the furniture later today. And oh, yes, call the garage to hear what was up with the car... Turns out it was the air conditioner's compressor and it's going to be at least 500 euros for the part to fix it - AAAARG! This has been one heck of an expensive month.

2 comments:

J said...

100Kg! Way to push yourself! Sorry to hear about your car, although good that it is happening this summer went you have a little time to take care of it!

Cindy said...

Send a picture so we can see how nice it looks.