It was just 15°C when I passed the Stella brewery on my bike this morning...brrr! I can really feel the season is starting to turn and fall is in the air. Thankfully it is still beautiful and sunny with a gorgeous blue sky.
I decided to do the HIIT run today and the lower body weights tomorrow, because I wanted to be able to really push hard for both workouts and if I did the weights first, the HIIT run would be really tough the next day. So tomorrow is my last day of BFL!
It felt like a long time since I had been on the treadmill and as always, that makes me feel doubtful about if I can do it or not. I know it's silly! But it's like I have to re-convince myself that I am capable each time I get back on. So I got started and I was determined to finish the workout with a bang - it was going pretty well and I felt good, so on the last interval I pushed the intensity up a notch for each minute. I kept telling myself this was the last HIIT run! I finished in 26 minutes, doing 4.3 km total. Phew!
I was thinking to myself as I headed home, how I used to be so intimidated about going to the gym on weekends, because I always had this idea that it would be so busy, and how I have finally gotten over that, and don't even worry about it much anymore. It reminds me of so many small hurdles I have gotten over in this fitness journey. When I think back to the person who was so scared of running, sure I was going to fly off and hit the wall behind me if I dared to put the treadmill up too fast... Truly, if I could come this far, who know where I will end up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great job on the treadmill!
It's really starting to get colder. Monday and Tuesday two hot days and then it's over it seems. I don't mind: great running wheater!
I know you're feeling if you could make it before you start. When it's about exercising I have not much self-esteem, I always think it's too hard or too difficult for me. It's getting better but every now and then it gets to me.
Have a nice Saturday!
Post a Comment