Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BFL Day 66

Wow 66 days already. Today was an upper body workout, got to the gym and did 20 minutes on the elliptical first and then got started. I noticed a young woman who also looked very serious about lifting weights today, she even had those weight lifting gloves on.

I have been experimenting with some new recipes. For my post-workout recovery shake I made a blueberry-spinach protein smoothie with tahini, I was inspired by a recipe I saw on one of the Operation Fat Blaster blogs, but I can't remember whose it was (sorry!) - it was actually quite good, in spite of the icky color.

For lunch, to use up some of the zucchini I got from my neighbor, I made the Zucchini Hummus recipe from "Raw Food Revolution" by Cherie Soria, which I have been wanting to try for a long time. It was delicious! I used it as a dressing on a chopped veggie salad for lunch, along with some homemade green veggie soup (my own recipe) which included spinach, broccoli, and yes, some zucchini.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Jenny will be jealous with this post, she keeps hoping to get such a big zucchini crop that we can't use it all and have to give some away to neighbors.
Great job on sticking with BFL for 66 days!