Friday, August 7, 2009

BFL Day 61: Make That a Double

Today I had to do both a HIIT run and upper body weights, because yesterday I was stuck at home waiting for my new washing machine to be delivered (did I mention that it also pooped out on us?) and then we had to go collect the carpet and supplies for the installer who was to arrive early this morning to install it. And then since it was the hottest day of the year in Belgium, anyway, the boys and I met a friend and her son at the outdoor swimming pool to cool off.

But all this running around and working in the house has been worth it. May I introduce the "Tiffany Room" (the color Felix picked out is exactly the color of Tiffany jewelry bags and boxes - I don't know if you can tell in the picture but I checked it out with a real Tiffany bag I have and it is exactly the right shade):



And then, just installed this morning, our new carpeted stairs:





It looks and sounds fabulous - it was so loud with my boys running up and down the wooden staircase, I am so glad we have carpet again!

So after I got all the carpet bits vacuumed up and helped Felix move into his new room (and I was good and hot and sweaty), I finally left for the gym at 2:45 - which is very late for me. But I was determined to get both workouts done, because I don't want to miss anymore workouts the rest of the 12 weeks, and because I really didn't want to have to go to the gym on a Saturday morning.

So I perservered, did my HIIT run - it went well, although it was tough with the heat and humidity. And then I did my upper body weights, looking really gross and sweaty, I have to admit, so I was glad when I was finished and could head home again on my bike. My arms are wobbly and my neck and upper back is killing me, but I am a happy girl. Have a nice weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Everything looks GREAT!
And good for you for getting your workout in.

Ruthie said...

great job! the room is GREAT i LOVE that color!
way to not let the business of life get in the way of your workouts!
woowhoo!

Alexandra said...

I really like that new room! Your day to day activities (not including your actual workouts) are workouts on their own!