Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Busy being sociable

November 1st is a holiday and my husband has today off too. So we have spent the last couple days being very sociable and in a few minutes we leave for a lunch invitation at his aunt and uncle's house, plus the newbie running cousin will be there.

On Sunday after the 18 km, I actually felt pretty good. I was hobbling around a bit but not terrible and we spent the afternoon with our friends Catherine and her husband Lode, and visited the Breendonk Fort, a site near Mechelen that was a German prison during WW2. It was sobering and very grim to see that but it was very interesting. We ended the day with dinner at a Moroccan restaurant, which was warming and cheery after the oppressive feeling of the prison camp.

Yesterday our youngest son had a badminton tournament in the morning - he ended up playing the singles final, and lost but was very happy to have made it to second place! Then in the afternoon, my husband's goddaughter (almost 2) and her parents and big sister (almost 4) came over for cake and coffee and then dinner. We got all our old Duplo out of the attic for them - it's a big change having a toddler and a preschooler in the house! The littlest one was having a great time banging on the piano!

This morning I got to the gym right when it opened and did my weights (back to NR stage one) and a HIIT workout on the treadmill, which went really well! I thought I might be a bit stiff or heavy in my legs from Sunday but it felt really good. Then it was back on my bike to get home in time to have a shower and make sure all the boys were showered and dressed before we need to head off to see the family (which we need to do like right now!).

And since yesterday I have been getting up early in the morning and working on my writing for National Novel Writing Month - see my little word counter to the left here on my blog? Crazy days! I will glad when things calm down again a little bit. Have a great week!

6 comments:

Anne said...

You are one busy lady...sounds like you have a full and fulfilling life :)

Johann said...

Well done with the 18km. Seems that you recovered quickly. Busy is always good! Congratulations to your son as well!

Fran said...

You are sure a busy girl but with only fun things to do!

Well done on the 18K I'm proud of you.

Don't forget to visit my blog tomorrow. There's a surprise for you on it.

Ewa said...

Gosh, I thought I was the only one keeping Duplo set for occasional little kids' visits.
Seems you had a good long weekend. Hope the rest of your week is as good.

Char said...

What a fun weekend you had! Congrats to your son - a really great result for him.

ajh said...

Tell us more about the novel.