
Don't laugh... but seriously, today I am thankful for my gym membership and the row of treadmills there! I had to do 12 km today and I don't know if this has been on your news but we are having a terrible situation with rain and flooding here. It rained, hard, all day long yesterday and in many areas people had to be evacuated out of their homes. So even if it would not have been raining this morning, I still wouldn't have been able to run outside because the ground is completely saturated and the paths are nothing but muck and mud. And you know how I hate to get my running shoes all yucky!
Well, it was still raining hard when I got up this morning so off I went to the gym at 9 am when it opened, got on my favorite treadmill and got started. The good thing about the treadmill is that I was able to practice my target pace for the half marathon next week, which went well. I ended up doing 10 K in 65 minutes, with plenty of slow downs for recovery which makes me feel confident about being able to get a PR next week (my previous half marathon PR was 2:27). That said, my main goal is to have a great time running the race. For me it is a fine line that I look for when running a big destination race: I want to be happy about the time I get, considering all the training I have put in, but at the same time I want to enjoy myself during the race itself and have a great memory of it afterwards.
Anyway, the only bummer about today's run is that, while my knees were fine, the entire back side of my right leg was painful basically the whole time and it is sore and stiff now. I am going to have to baby it the next few days and be real careful about what I do this week.
I hope it's sunny where you live and that you have a great Sunday!
9 comments:
Sorry about the weather. Hope those rains stop soon.
I always have a different gait when I run on a treadmill. Maybe you do to and that is why your leg is sore. Hopefully this will pass too.
Too bad about that crazy rain...hope the sun comes out soon.
Good job on your race pace run...you will do great I'm sure!
Eek - hope your leg is ok. That weather is even worse than in Scotland!
I've read about the wheater in Belgium, you sure got a lot more than we did!
Well done on the run, I'm so impressed that you run so many miles on the treadmill!
I did only 6K yesterday because my legs weren't cooperatin at all, too tired from walking on shoes that I should have thrown away instead of still walking on them (which I did by now).
I think you are going to run a great race! You're ready for it.
Take care of that sore leg! It is gorgeous here. Hope your rain goes away!
I hope your leg feels better really quickly. There's nothing worse than having an injury/niggle in the lead-up to a goal race.
Sunny and warm here in South Africa! Take care of that leg and have a good week!
Hope your leg is feeling better. Maybe it just needs some nice warm Florida weather. :)
See you Friday!
Sorry for the weather, I hope that you can run your half without the hard rain.
Good job on the treadmill, one hour is looooong on that "thing". However the pace there is slower than on the road so I am sure you will get your PR.
Post a Comment