Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day of Thanks 2

Today I am thankful for the new on line appointment system at my doctor's office. My regular doctor is not always available for same day appointments because she works very limited hours. If I need a same day appointment I can go on line and see which doctors in the practice have a spot open. Sometimes I'm lucky and my doctor has a spot, and otherwise I can pick and choose from the others and the times that suit me, without having the stress of hemming and hawing while on the phone with the receptionist. Much better!

I got up early this morning to get my writing in and now it's 8 am. All three boys are still asleep and the house is peaceful. I love that about vacation weeks! My middle son has a friend coming over this afternoon so before that I need to get my run in: plan says 6 times around the Finnish track, which means a total of 8 km (the Finnish track is a loop of 1 km and it is 1 km from our house). I will wait til the kids get up to head out.

Yesterday I ran for a bit more than 45 minutes around the neighborhood at a nice slow pace. It was blustery and windy, the leaves were blowing around, but it was pretty warm, so it went well. It is unseasonably warm this week - we are supposed to hit a high of 15 C today! But by Sunday, the day I am supposed to do 20 km, it will be back to cold. Oh well, as long as it's dry...and a little bit of sun would be nice...is that too much to hope for?

Thanks so much to everyone who has offered to read what I am writing for NaNoWriMo! I knew I could count on my mom and my sister for sure, but I am really flattered to have a whole crew of willing readers. So as soon as I get to a point where I feel good about what I've put together you will be hearing from me.

Finally, I am so excited to have won a prize in Fran's Pink Dress Race! Thanks Fran! What a lovely surprise! Something to look forward to in the mailbox is always nice...

7 comments:

Fran said...

I just heard this morning on the radio that the weather is getting better on Sunday after two bad days tomorrow and Saturday. I do hope so as I have to run Sunday too. And we're going away from Monday to Friday so it would be nice if it's at least dry.

You're welcome about the gift, I'm going to mail it Saturday so it should arrive somewhere next week.

Have a great day!

RobinLK said...

Yay for online scheduling! Some of my (many) doctors have gone to that and I love it. So convenient!

Hope the weather cooperates with you so you can get your runs in!

And good luck on your writing this month. Have seen a few folks participating, and went to read up on the topic. Sounds like a great event. I try to set aside 30 min of writing time every day... not always an easy task!

Lovely gift you won from Fran. Saw it on her blog. :-)

*hugs* from Orlando!

Ewa said...

Love online scheduling. My doc still does not have it though. C'mon doc, it is 21st century!
Our weather is unseasonably warm also 28C yesterday, today forecast is for 'only' 27C. For me that means early morning runs since I don't do well in the heat.

Johann said...

Isn't online great? Scheduling and so many other things. I'm so grateful our weather is never extreme.

Kim said...

Online scheduling sounds awesome!

Isn't it weird how the temps go up and down this time of year? Well, I guess it is always like that in the midwest, but I am especially noticing it right now, as I have to pay close attention to what I wear to run!

ajh said...

I would love the on line appointment option! That is awesome. Did you say what your prize was?

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Yay for winning over at Fran's!! How wonderful. I wish our dr. had online scheduling. It is such a pain to call and wait, wait, wait.