Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day of Thanks 9


Today I am thankful for the city I have lived in for the past 21 years: Leuven, Belgium! Last night my friend Linda and I had tickets to see the opera Rigoletto at the beautiful theater downtown (see picture), and we just biked there from home in ten minutes, parked our bikes right in front of the theater, went in and enjoyed the performance immensely and then after having a drink in the theater's bar, headed home together, passing all the partying college students on our way. I don't often get downtown at night and it made me realize what a pretty place it is. I am so lucky to live in a city that is large enough to have so much to offer in the way of culture, restaurants and shopping, as well as being small enough to make everything easy to get to by foot or bike, pretty safe and clean and beautiful too! Yay for Leuven!
Curious to know more about Leuven? If you click HERE you can see a little promotional video about this great little city. Enjoy!

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Liked the video, loved the music My favorites are the bakeries and chocolate shops.

Lily on the Road said...

I just love coming over to your site and reading about all you do! You are an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing, I always feel like I'm on a mini holiday when I stop by....

Ewa said...

I am quite envious because there nowhere I can get here on my bike. Our area is full or cultural happenings but the only way to get anywhere is by car. OK, I guess I will be thankful today for my car.
Your city is really cool.

Giorgio said...

I've never been to Leuven. It sounds like a beautiful place to be. Moreover, there is the "Stella Artois" beer :)

ajh said...

It sounds wonderful. I am jealous of your ease with biking for getting places.

Char said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to live. Brisbane is a little like that. I can run into the city in about 30 mins and my 2nd son used to cycle into the city to his uni in about 15mins.

Char said...

That sounds like a wonderful place to live. Brisbane is a little like that. I can run into the city in about 30 mins and my 2nd son used to cycle into the city to his uni in about 15mins.

Kim said...

Leuven looks so awesome and beautiful! I wish I could come visit! ;)

Johann said...

That is great! Awesome that you can park your bikes and everything is safe. Lovely city!