Gosh, the weather has been just gorgeous here and I have been enjoying every minute of it, knowing what I have to go back to this weekend! (Fran mentioned something about snow in our part of Europe this weekend - ew!)
On the way back home from St. Petersberg on Monday we stopped in Clearwater to have lunch at Frenchie's on the beach and took a walk up the shore afterwards. My legs were still pretty sore but the sand and cold water felt good on my tired feet.
Yesterday, Jenny, Dad and I went and got the groceries for Thanksgiving, and then I talked everyone into lunch at one of my favorite spots, a local Mexican place. After lunch we stopped at Target, another must-do when I come to the States!
The plan for today is making pies and cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving, going bowling, and in the evening Jenny's parents-in-law have invited us over to their place for dinner and a sunset on the beach. And I nearly forgot...we are all signed up for the local Turkey Trot 5 K tomorrow - which will be a first for me and I am looking forward to it - but definitely not thinking of another PR!
7 comments:
I'm happy you are enjoying yourself so much! Your plans for today and tomorrow sound great. I love it how everywhere in blogland I read about people who do a 5K on Thanksgiving. They should do something like that more in Europe at Christmas or something like that.
I've signed up for my first half marathon on Eastern Monday next year in Utrecht. Wanna join me?
They make it sound worse than it is about the snow as usual. Probably only the coast will get some which I'm not sad about of course. We'll see what happens.
Happy Thanksgiving Amy, enjoy your family around you.
It sounds wonderful, especially as we have snow forecast here in Scotland and it is FREEZING today!
Enjoy the 5k!
What a beautiful photo of you on the beach!
I Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving, bowling, your family and the local Turkey Trot 5 km.
Enjoy the sun and soak up all the vitamin D you can.
arcoc
Enjoy every minute there! My feet are often more sore/tired than my legs after a very long run.
Sounds like you're having a fantastic time. And how could it not be? Good weather, family and Thanksgiving - it'll be hard for you to leave.
Sounds like you're having a great time. :) I love Target and hit it when I leave my state. You have to go to a new continent and country.
Post a Comment