Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving & a new PR!


Wow! Can you see how surprised I am? A new 5K PR today at the Clearwater Turkey Trot: 29:40!!!




I ran it with my two nephews, Andy and Tom (NOT those two guys in the picture above!) Jenny and Mark ran really fast way ahead of us and grandma brought up the rear. Everyone did well and grandpa got pictures of all of us finishing.


It was great fun, especially going out for breakfast at Perkins afterwards in our matching Turkey Trot race shirts - very festive!





On the way home we spotted an alligator at the entrance to my sister's neighborhood and we had to get out to get a better look - you can just see him at the edge of the water. He was about three feet long, so not dangerous to people. Still, I didn't want to get any closer!






After a cool off in the pool it's time to get serious about making Thanksgiving dinner. Hope you all have a very happy day!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Coingrats! I got a PR today too but in the COLD NE.

Char said...

Well done. Nice that you got run with your family and nice that you got to eat breakfast out afterwards. I don't have to tell you to have a great day 0 you're already having it!

ajh said...

Nice job. You are quite the racing machine this week! One thing I like about my cold VT is fewer snakes, no gators etc.

Fran said...

Congrats my friend: you're very fast at a 5K, I can't keep up with you :)

That alligator would freak me out if I walked into it :lol: I'm such a baby when it comes to that.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

Anne said...

Woohoo! Congrats Amy...I can't wait to run a sub-30 5K :)...I can feel it happening soon!

That gator would have scared me...

HOpe you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.

Giorgio said...

Great run Amy!
I Hope you have a fantastici weekend!

Lori said...

Sub 30 - Bravo!!

Kim said...

Congrats on the PR! It would be so fun to do a Turkey Trot with the whole family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new PR. A sub 6'/Km is a very good pace. Hope you enjoyed this (rainy here) week end.

Bert said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving and congrats on the new PR!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Congratulations! Maybe next year I can get under 30! This year I walked some so was at about 36 or so! Love the pictures!

Marcelle said...

Thats a fantastic PR....wow you are fast, mine is now 30 mins on the dot...but a flat route...and I'm happy so can imagine how u feeling with that PR and in a race...wow girl, you are cooking HOT!!