
My youngest had a day off school so we had a very quiet morning and did the shopping together. So nice to have company along! And he enjoys being in charge of the self scanning, which is a big help.
Later this afternoon when the house was quiet while the boys were at sports, I did the new Tara Stiles DVD from the Jane Fonda Workout Series (apparently sold out in a lot of Target stores at the morment - lucky me, I got mine back in December when I was in Texas, on my sister's recommendation). Stiles is known for the pared down, simple and clean style of yoga she teaches. There was recently a NY Times article about how she is very different from "traditional" yoga teachers and how some traditionalists have a problem with how she does things. An interesting read - I wasn't aware that the NY city yoga scene was so snobby!
Anyhow, I enjoyed the hour long DVD, the explanations were very clear, it was challenging in the sense that there are definitely some parts I will need to work up to, but at the same time, I could follow along with some adjustments. I felt good when it was done - I don't know what all the fuss is about, Stiles is a talented teacher and everyone has their own way of doing things, right?
3 comments:
Aw, how nice to spend time with your son. It sounds like a pretty good day!
Just finished reading the article. I've never been much for dogma. If someone wants a lifestyle of a yogi, that is fine with me but if Tara's approach works for the 21st century people, that is great too.
Now I am getting curious about that DVD.
You really make me rethink about picking up yoga again. It does you so much good.
Post a Comment